Laguna Blanca School

Laguna Blanca School

4125 Paloma Dr
Santa Barbara, CA 93110
805-687-2461

OUR STORY


Opening its doors in the idyllic Santa Barbara alcove of Hope Ranch in 1933, Laguna Blanca’s initial student body consisted of 40 boys taught by six faculty members on a quiet six-acre campus. The school has since grown into two campuses — 35 acres in Hope Ranch and two in Montecito. Founded by pioneering headmaster Edward Selden Spaulding and three enterprising colleagues, the school became co-educational in 1942 and grew steadily until the end of the century, when the school acquired the second campus in Montecito to house grades K-4. An Early Kindergarten program was successfully launched in 2014, and both campuses continue to expand and adapt, hosting state-of-the-art technology while maintaining the quaint, classic setting historically enjoyed by students.

Visit site